Some individuals love to run/jog but my personal option is to walk at a rather fast pace. Boosted Walking. This is because I have heard the horror stories about knee replacement surgery for folks who love to run/jog and I have to be extra careful with my spine. If you are not exercising at all then you seriously need to get up and move. And don’t just do it once or twice a week. Try for at the minimum 4-5 times a week to see results. I will be kicking off another walk challenge coming up in a week or two so be on the lookout for more information on that. and YES there will be a prize!!
Benefits of walking include:
- Boosts endorphins – Easing stress, tension, anger, fatigue, and confusion in 10 minutes.
- Reduces Glaucoma Risk
- Limits sickness by halving odds of catching a cold
- Halves Alzheimer’s disease risk over 5 years
- Improves Hearth Health – By increasing heart rate and circulation
- Works arms & shoulder muscles
- Engages ab muscles
- Improves blood pressure by 5 points
- Builds bones mass, reducing risk of osteoporosis
- Limits Colon Cancer by 31% for women and around 24% for men
- Strengthens Legs – Including quadriceps, hip flexors, and hamstrings
- Improves balance – preventing falls
- Burns more fat than jogging
- Only 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week can make you HEALTHIER and HAPPIER.